My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #297

For 3 trumpets.

Here we take on #4, the shortest of all pieces at just 26 seconds. The most recent all-trumpet piece of mine is #283, which is drastically different from this one. What I wanted here was to hold true (for the most part) with my original conception of close harmony counterpoint with allusions to fanfare. Back in the day, everything was supposed to be a fanfare. That’s just what happens here. At some points, the harmony does get a little crunchy, but it’s nothing in comparison to #283, which is all crunch. Other than that, there isn’t a whole lot to say about what goes on, other than this expansion worked a lot better than #296. And that’s a fact.

No comments: