My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #4

For 3 trumpets.

Going small again...or just getting lazy! This is the shortest of all pieces, clocking in at just 26 seconds. Gee, it seemed like it was going to be longer when I was writing it... Please remember that this was written in the brief period before I had a genuine approach. If something was only 26 seconds long, well, it was gonna damn well be 26 seconds long, dagnabbit! By around #10, I'd decreed that every piece should be at least two minutes long and that it didn't have to be a fanfare. Gee, I could have just breezed my way through this whole stupid project if I'd only cranked out ten-second flourishes for two instruments. On second thought, I should have done that! Oh well, too late now!

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: