My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #141 (Variation #9)

For 1 horn, 2 trombones and tuba.

I wanted to work on the neglected bridge of the main theme. Yes, I’ve flirted with it at times, but here it is. I like to think of this as a kind of “Greek chorus” kind of piece. The horn is the main actor and the rest of the ensemble adds to and embellishes its statements. True, it’s not the world’s most charming piece, but it makes an essential statement in the whole variation format. Plus, I have to make up for #139’s weak premise. OK, it wasn’t really weak; it was actually merely just quasi-non-referential. That’s all. Anyhow, this piece involves direct quotes from the B theme of #132 and commentary from the rest of the ensemble. I don’t have too much else to say about this piece.

No comments: