My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #64

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

This is another tune from that pre-clarinet-failure era. And it's the last of my cheat-pieces. It’s a polka and it kind of rocks. Like #63, it's just a simple AABA form (with intro and outro, which are, ahem, identical), but this one goes around twice with contrasting, pre-written solo passages until we run into the B section which gradually falls in line with the first iteration. The last A section gets played with countermelody in the horn and we're done. I'm a big fan of wild polkas. I'll probably write several before I'm done with the project. And finally, I know that I’ve said this many times, but this number would sound particularly good with live musicians.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: