My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #117

For 3 horns, 3 trumpets and 3 trombones.

Here’s the next emulation of Gabrieli. I was a little alarmed at how ordinarily diatonic the previous effort stayed, so I pushed the harmony a little. Instead of yesterday’s two choirs, I have three, so the sweep is slightly magnified. Harmoically, it's all over the place, which is a good thing after yesterday's rather square tune. It’s a fine effort, but it will be my last until I can listen to more Gabrieli to steal his magic. It was fun to imagine that I would emulate Gabrieli for a week, but after these two pieces, I'm like, why? I've done it and I'm moving on. The lingering problem is what I'm going to write tomorrow.

No comments: