My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #94

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet and tuba.

Well, after two days of unsatisfactory pieces, I realized that I was in a slump. I mean, #93 should have worked, but alas, it stinks from start to finish. The only way to rid myself of the residual shame was to embrace fundamentals and structure, so I decided to write a fugue. Of course, like everything I do (and owing to my distaste for analysis), it’s not genuine, but it does tip its hat to the basics before it heads off in other directions. I set my standards pretty low after the previous day’s disaster, so I’m happy with this. I mean, it’s no #87, #61, #46 or #33. Heck, it’s not even a #60, but it helped me to crawl out of the crater.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: