My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #96

One Day Wonder #96 – For 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

I wanted to attempt something in the harmonic minor vein. No, I wasn’t attempting anything Middle Eastern; it’s just a coincidence. The trumpet (once again) isn’t exactly rightly muted – a straight mute would be much better – but it works out OK. The middle section is a little crunchy, probably due to the uneven dynamics, but managing those in the real world is much easier than getting them right in Finale. What I'm trying to say is that you can hear what I'm trying to do; it's just not presented too well. Although this piece passes muster, I'm still not completely crazy about it. But given that there have been a few real dogs in recent days, it's nice to know that I'm on the road to recovery.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: