My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #80

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

I expended my remaining waltz energy on this piece. It seems that I hadn’t written a jazz waltz, so here it is. OK, so it’s not a real jazz piece with real jazz changes. All it has are bass lines and melodic lines. That’s all there is to it. OK, there are a few harmonic lifts, but it’s a short piece that keeps things simple. In order to cover up its profound lack of infrastructure, I throw in a brief fake solo and a shout chorus, which really does rock. The whole thing dumps off into a reiteration of the intro with horns and trumpets putting on their dissonance hats. OK, so I’m all waltzed-out for the time being.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: