My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #76

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet and 3 trombones.

The previous day’s inattention spilled over to today. I can’t really classify this piece; it is by turns a surf tune, a latin-sounding thing and a march. It’s all those things, plus it has a fake improv section. I thought it would be fun to write something that sounded like it was being played by a hugely inept trumpet player, because there are a few out there, and I think I've played with all of them. It turns out very strange and fun in its own peculiar way. It’s a good piece, but not one of my favorites.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: