My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #85

For 1 horn, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

After the last few days of operating without a plan, I got up in the morning and decided to write something funky with all kinds of dissonances and whatnot. Things went better I’d hoped. Yeah, it's got a lot of crunchy dissonances all over the place, but it also has a tune that you have the privilege of hearing over and over again. To cut down on all that repetition, I gave it a shout chorus of sorts towards the end. There’s not a whole lot to it – it’s mostly A section – but it turns out adequate.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: