My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #87

For 2 horns, 3 trombones, 2 trombones and tuba.

OK, so I’ve written one and a half surf tunes so far. I mean, it’s summer; the sun’s shining and all that. I just gravitate toward the genre. With this effort, I wanted to screw with the changes and/or tonality big-time. That’s just what happens. I frame the A section as a blues. The thing is that the changes don’t correspond – except maybe in the last few bars. Otherwise, the chords drift from one arbitrary choice to another. Once again, this piece is mostly A section, so I drop in some odd-sounding trumpet fills and solos to keep things fresh. And even though the B section is nothing to write home about, this is still one of my favorites.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: