My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #81

For 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone and tuba.

I wanted to visit the chorale again, but emphasize sevenths and ninths. It gives this piece a nice warm feel. There’s really not much else to say about it. Making something two minutes long does away with a lot of complexity. What you get in return is some much-needed simplicity. Let's just pray that it isn't simplicity bordering on simple-mindedness. Anyhow, the premise is straightforward, the execution is (hopefully) competent and the result is pretty OK.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: