My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #82

For 2 horns, 3 trombones and tuba.

The trombone hasn’t been featured a lot in many of these tunes. Sure, it works great in rhythmic accompaniment, but it’s not the world’s strongest lead instrument. But that’s no reason to neglect it. I wrote this little galop to make amends for all that neglect. It turns out really nice. In fact, thanks to a lot of revision, it's one of the project's better pieces. The rest of the piece is as fun and weird as I could make it. And when I say "fun and weird," I mean that I try to fuse unconventional melody and harmony with a traditional polka/march form (ABACA). The result is something that sounds a little like Soviet-era comedic circus music. Enjoy.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: