My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #75

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet and tuba.

After all that marching, I wanted to scale things down a little and write a terse, free-form little latin-esque number. I would prefer the trumpet to have a straight mute, but since, as you know, Finale only has one muted trumpet sound – and that’s with a Harmon – so Harmon is what you get. But despite that, I’m really happy with the final product. This piece manages to develop itself while staying away from clichés of the genre. Funny thing, I wasn’t really paying much attention when I was writing this. It happens some of the time. I really can’t explain why it turned out the way it did. Much of the time, as I've discovered, these pieces are out of my control.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: