My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #53

For 1 trumpet, 3 trombones and tuba.

After all that dwelling on one piece, I just wanted to do something quick and breezy, so I just built a unison jazz solo for trumpet and tuba on a non-existent set of chord changes. The trombones come in occasionally to punctuate things. It has a nice, random feel to it because, well, I just let one note lead to the other and so on. Sometimes, that can spell disaster, especially if you're working within an ironclad structure like a march or AABA song form, but this time around, what with unison lines and scant accompanying, it was the best approach.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: