My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #124

For 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone and tuba

Yes, OK, I am a little hung up on #102. And I am continuing my exploitation of the trombone. This is what turned up. I’m not totally convinced by those triplet figures toward the end, but I really, really like the final chord. That counts for a lot. When I’m playing a jazz gig, I always keep in mind that the tune is only as good as how it ends. This one ends nicely, but, as I said, those triplet figures don’t quite thrill me. Still, it’s got the whole slow-and-mysterioso thing down. And I like it quite a bit. It’s just those triplets that are bothering me…

No comments: