My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #45

For 1 horn and 2 trumpets.

My previous efforts with this type of smaller ensemble have been a little disappointing. There’s no bass voice to anchor to, so I’m generally a little at a loss as to what to do with all those treble voices. Well, my solution in this case was to feature the trumpet and horn in unison in a lot of the passages. I also incorporated a lot of fanfare baggage. Sure, it's barely over a minute long, but it's a pretty substantial minute. I’m very pleased with the results. I mean, it could have been much worse.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: