My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #79

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

And so it evolved into this. It’s 100% better in its salvaged form. I scrapped the vapid intro, revised the B section horn part to flow better and paired the trumpet and the horn through another go-round of the form, giving the trombones a little crankiness in the B section. The last A comes back with all chords a minor third below the original changes. This remains until the very last A section when it modulates back to the original. Like I said, it works much better. And it’s longer than its predecessor. The first version just sounds like I’m fishing for things that might work. The problem is that half of them don’t. I knew that at the time, but I couldn’t figure my way out of the mess until I’d slept on it. Well, what a difference a day makes!

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: