My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #57

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

Here we have the second, and better, of the series. Better intro, better pacing, and better content. Like what I did with #50, I gutted it and took what I could use. I chucked that terrible shout chorus and only preserved the last measure (which I should have also chucked, but too late) and the result is much better. It’s got that ambiguous march/bossa feel to it that really comes through in the later choruses. I’m quite happy with this version. And this just proves that even though I’m out to write a piece a day, some things take more than a day to get right. Yeah, it's a little embarrassing to have to rewrite pieces, but I'm just not happy with some efforts. To emerge with a satisfactory result after a few tries is worth it.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: