My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #68

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone and tuba.

I was intending to contrast #67 with a nice, calm chorale in 5/4. Once again, intentions don’t often coincide with results, but this piece is very nice. It’s more of an accompanied plainsong with a few harmonic adventures along the way. OK, so it’s not really a chorale, but it is very calm. Sometimes, one word is all I have to serve as inspiration for the day's piece. Usually, the simpler it is, the more concise the results. For example, "calm" is much clearer than, say, "ambilvalent." You get the idea.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: