My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #102

For 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

I began this piece with an idea to keep the registers down as low as possible. But any plan is worth modifying and this one really benefited from it. So what I got from general ear adjustments was like some sort of weird, swampy Liebestod for small ensemble. OK, so I’ve written many pieces up till this time, but I have to say that of all I’ve done so far, this one is at the top of the list to be expanded. In fact, I envision the expanded version of this tune to be slower, lower and weirder. Maybe I’ll make this revised version #202. Or maybe not. I just have to get to that point in order to consider it. Wish me luck.

No comments: