My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #77

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

I was rather at a loss at what to write today, so I called my friend Kris. He’s the guy who conducted Mackris v. O’Reilly. He told me to write a cakewalk – an old syncopated dance form that paved the way for ragtime, which in turn paved the way for jazz. Of course, since I have no free will, I did what he told me. All of the few cakewalks I’ve heard tend to have conventional song form (AABA), so all I did was slap on an intro, tack on an outro and then dashed off a shout chorus. I don’t claim that it’s the genuine article, but it’s a lot of fun and you really can dance to it, if that is your wish.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: