My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #71

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets and 2 trombones.

All I wanted to do was imitate Gabrieli (either one, Andrea or Giovanni), but I landed on this one pleasant thing and repeated it a lot of times and, noticing that I was too attached to my home key, I had a few harmonic adventures there at the end. I’m pleased whenever a little bit of fanfare creeps into these pieces, so I’m very happy with this one, even though there’s not much to it, either thematically or harmonically. Don't worry, even if this isn't to your liking, there is much more Gabrieli-channeling coming up fairly soon.

Click on the title to play.

No comments: