My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #56

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

This is the first in a series of two. Whatever I was trying to accomplish with one, didn’t quite hit the mark. I couldn’t decide whether to make it a march or a weird bossa nova. And then there’s that mod shout chorus. I kind of hate it, but there's enough here that I like to try to improve it at least a little. Specifically, the parts that really make me cringe are the meandering beginning and the cliche ending. And the tuba solo doesn't really need to be in there. The next day's effort is a great improvement, I promise.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: