My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #41

For 1 horn, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

I woke up in the morning and thought, "Hey, I'll write another march!" And that's just what I did. This one’s in G minor and a bit quicker than #31, but the form is the same – that is A B A C A, with various intros, outros, transitions and such thrown in for good measure. The first march experience went so well that I tried to recreate it. It turned out even better, though I'm not completely sold on the second half of the B theme, as the piece temporarily loses its drive, but other than that, it's my second-favorite piece of the bunch. My opinion will certainly change by the time I get to #200, but for the moment, this tune serves as inspiration for when my abilities are in doubt.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: