My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #143 (Variation #11)

For 3 horns, trombone and tuba.

OK, I really should have ended this whole variation thing yesterday, but I lost count. Oops! So we get this piece. It features the oft-neglected/maligned trombone in the lead in a waltz-like affair. It’s not a bad piece, but it’s not the stirring grand finale to the variations that I had envisioned. Once again, we deal with melodic and interval fragments from the original tune. See, my approach hasn't changed much since the beginning, so it's a fine thing that I'm free of this burden.

No comments: