My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #18

For 1 trumpet, 2 trombones and tuba.

It’s always fun to write in odd meters! This is in delightful and amusing 7/8. It’s even more fun to find an odd-meter groove. This piece seizes that groove and tries to be as cheerful as possible. OK, so it's not even close to being two minutes long. I'm trying the best I can! It just seemed to be as long as it needed to be, so I ended it. After #17, this is a breath of fresh air. Come to think of it, I don't like #17 very much. It's repeptitive and sullen. I like this tune a lot more. You can almost dance to it!

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: