My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #70

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

After a hard-fought dirge, the natural thing to do is to write something peppy. This is my turn at a surf tune. You heard me: surf tune. Of course, it sounds kind of foreign for a brass ensemble, but about halfway through, hopefully you forget about that. See, it's not completely ridiculous and unachievable - it's only semi-ridiculous and unachievable. I mean, a brass band isn't the Ventures or even the Surfaris. Anyhow, my favorite part: the trombone soli. Least favorite part: the intro. I might actually violate my own rules and revise that someday. It's just not very good.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: