My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #69

For 3 horns, 3 trumpets, 3 trombones and tuba.

We revisit dirge-land with this piece. I was feeling a lot lacking from #65, so I decided to give it another try. This works out much better, though I’m a little ambivalent about the middle. Since the cascade effect was so effective in #48, I chose to use it here, although sparingly. I’m pretty sure that 4/4 works better for dirges than 12/8, but there’s a challenge: write something convincingly grim and solemn in 12/8. Let me give that some thought and perhaps I’ll tackle it in future ventures.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: