My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #104

For 3 trumpets and 3 trombones.

Like most people, I like a nice jazz soli. And by “soli,” I mean a section solo. This piece is meant to imply a rhythm section in the background while the trumpets and trombones play more or less in unison. Sometimes they don’t, which is when it gets kind of interesting. I actually wrote this with changes already sketched out (I won’t bore you with their particulars) in everybody’s favorite AABA form. In order to make things all the more jazzy, I put in a little shout chorus. And there you have it.

No comments: