My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #73

For 1 horn, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

OK, I wrote this on the Fourth of July, so it was my intention to do write some kind of super-patriotic march – like Souza with an extra heapin’ helpin’ of America. Instead, I came out with this thing that sounds like mariachi music in the A theme. There’s nothing wrong with mariachi music; I was just trying for something else - y'know, music to kill terrorists by. That didn't quite work out, but it really does justify itself. One thing that do like about it is that the themes get better as it goes along. The B theme is better than the A, and the trio is better than anything else. It’s a shame I didn’t end with that. And for the record, I really don’t like the intro. Still, it ends up being an OK piece.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: