My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #285

For 4 horns, 4 trumpets and 4 trombones.

Once again, we revisit minimalism. This time we’re working with a large ensemble and a regular meter – wonderful 6/8. You know, I’m not going to comment on this. It just came out of nowhere. Parts of it are fantastic and other parts are merely OK. It’s strange that for somebody who really hates minimalism, I’m pretty good at it. It’s also strange that even at this late stage of the project, I’m still turning out good pieces. (I expected to be writing utter crap by now.) These last three have been particularly good. There is, however, a major problem with operating at a high level: a crash is bound to come. I’m feeling it already. I’m sensing disaster on the horizon.

No comments: