My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #171

For 1 trombone.

OK, so yesterday I started feeling pretty awful. Today, I felt even worse. I spent most of the day on the couch, nursing this nasty sore throat. Creative endeavors weren’t much of a possibility, but I still had to write my piece. I always feel guilty for neglecting the poor trombone, as I've said again and again.. It’s an easy thing to do, as most trombone players are aware, even in an ensemble that only features only four different instruments. Since I was running something of a fever, I decided to make this as simple as possible, while keeping it somewhat challenging. This is what I came up with. Sure, a piece for solo trombone won’t win you any friends (even among trombonists), but it will show trombonists that you mean business. Damn straight.

No comments: