My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #232

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet, 1 trombone and tuba.

I decided to take off Christmas Eve day. We had all kinds of stuff to do and whatnot, including watching Miracle on 34th Street. I’ve never seen it before. It was a sweet little film. I was even planning on not writing anything on Christmas (that would give me two whole days off, if you're keeping score), but since we were going over to my sister’s house and she was planning on a late gathering, I decided to write something short’n’sweet. My girlfriend put on David Sedaris reading The Santaland Diaries and I wrote this tune. I was done by the end of it. It’s just a simple chorale in plain ol’ C major followed by a brief call-and-response from the rest of the ensemble. Sure, it doesn’t exactly cry out “Christmas” for all to hear, but I didn’t intend to write a Christmas tune in the first place. Shortly after that, we drove off to Issaquah and had a good time. I had a really good present haul. Merry Christmas to all.

No comments: