My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #199

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

A long time ago – gosh, it must have been 100 tunes – I resolved that each #99, whether it be #99, #199 or #299 (which doesn’t exist yet) was going to be a wild ride. The problem is that #195 is that particular ride, so I decided to write something funk-tastic. Lacking any better ideas, I opted for block-harmony funk and I couldn’t be happier. When I’m really on the ropes, as I was today, it’s my go-to format. And so here it is. I’m quite satisfied with it although it may not distinguish itself from other my pieces of the genre. That’s OK, as this upcoming milestone isn’t much of a cause for joy. All I can think is: “What the hell are the next 100 pieces gonna be about?” Even so, I’m grimly determined to finish this project and make it as good as I can possibly manage.

No comments: