My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #192

For 1 horn, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

As far as I recall, this is a latinesque piece in AABA form that features diminished chords in the bridge. It’s no surprise that I don’t remember it, as it is rather bland. I remember that I couldn’t think of much of a premise for it, but since I’m supposed to write a piece a day, this is the best I could come up with. It isn’t terrible by any stretch, but it might just be the most forgettable tune of the entire project. Nowadays, I’m finding myself writing pieces and immediately forgetting about them. It might be that the process is so ingrained that I turn my brain on and off for the day’s labors. Or it could be that I’m writing a lot of dumb stuff. Maybe it’s a little from column A, and a little from column B. I know that whenever I’m hesitant about a particular piece, I tend to reprise my greatest hits. They remind me that I actually can write quality music in the allotted time. Well, at least it passes muster by my own standards. When I turn out something like this, I can only tell myself that I’m just one piece closer to the next bit of musical loveliness. So that’s all I can tell you about this tune. Somewhere in the world, somebody might adopt it as their own personal theme song. It’s possible. I mean, there are people whose favorite Beatles tune is “I Dig a Pony.” But let it be known that this day’s work is nothing special.

No comments: