My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #173

For 1 trumpet and 3 trombones.

The jazz kick continues. This particular number involves a quartet all with Harmon mutes playing something in 12/8 that isn’t quite a ballad, but isn’t fast enough to shake things up. Once again, I’m displeased at the muting options. What you’re hearing is just one patch, muted trumpet. That’s why the trombones don’t sound like trombones. Again, I assure you that a real ensemble will sound much richer and differentiated. You’d be able to tell the trumpet from the trombones. This version unfortunately only gives you aspects on the same instrument. At long last, I’ve decided to purchase Finale 2008. It might solve these woes. If it sucks as bad as Finale 2006, there will be no muting solution. I’ll order it in the next few days.

No comments: