My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #215

For 2 horns and 2 trumpets.

This is a little invention that was originally intended to bring out a lot of counterpoint between twin pairs of trumpets and horns. I strayed from that plan early on. Instead, I ended up pitting three instruments against one and have them eventually cross over until they’re all playing with the single instrument. And so it continues until the piece ends. I know that that’s a pretty inadequate description, but I find myself liking this tune a lot more now than when I wrote it. I didn’t really notice that the whole thing sounds so fanfare-like. And that’s good. It’s nice to get back to my roots.

No comments: