My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #239

For 2 horns, 1 trumpet, 3 trombones and tuba.

OK, I thought about how to improve #236 and #237 in a definitive way. This version is the best, honest it is. I revamp the intro once again, yank out the crappy D theme and swap the feel in the last B and A sections. That means that the B has a quarter-eighth feel (it originally had a triplet feel) and the last A gets shifted to triplets. I keep the outro as-is, since it works great. And there you have it! Much better, no? Sure, I’ve done second takes before, but this is the first time I’ve redone a piece twice since #50, #51 and #52. Gosh, that was a long time ago!

No comments: