My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #210

For 1 horn, 1 trumpet and 1 trombone.

This tune is all about the trumpet. And lots of long chords. Never mind that I didn’t have a clue about what I needed to write today. I omitted the tuba so that it wouldn’t be a chorale. I also put it in Db major, which is a little unusual for me. I generally use that as my go-to deviant key, especially when I’m in F major, as I often am. But once it’s the main field of operation, I don’t do a lot with it, do I? There’s not much else that I can say about this piece. It speaks for itself. It says, “I am a minor work. Please treasure #207, #208 and #209 more than me. I have no idea what Igor was thinking when he wrote me. Thanks a bunch! See you around!”

No comments: