My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #254

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 2 trombones and tuba.

After yesterday’s glorious experiment, I found myself with a perfectly serviceable tune that had been completely untouched. All I did in #253 was run it and end it. It seemed like a waste to move on and write something else, so I decided to soup it up and make it a full length One Day Wonder. I banished the second tuba, sped up the tempo, monkeyed with the chord changes (each iteration of the A theme has different changes) and added new sections. The result is this semi-wild ride. As much as #253 was fun to write, this was even more fun to fiddle with. I may be burned out by this project, but pieces like this make the latter stages of my efforts completely worth it. Enjoy.

No comments: