My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #14

For 2 horns and 2 trumpets.

I was hoping to venture away from tonality for a bit. I also wanted to find better ways for horns and trumpets to interact. What I got sounds like incidental music from the original Star Trek - but then it goes on for much longer and eventually gets into some very tonal territory. Well, so much for that plan. When I finished it, I was extremely disappointed with the results. In fact, I just wanted to abandon the project if it was going to yield music like this. The intervening time (six months) has bee kind to this piece. It doesn't sound so bad. And believe me, I've written far worse pieces. I'm glad I didn't bail on this venture, because I was also able to write lots of better pieces.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: