My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #13

For 4 horns, 2 trumpets and 2 trombones.

I ended up completely scrapping my original premise and making this piece something that starts out in one place and ends in another. It does that. I was trying to sort out what exactly made #12 successful and tried to recreate it. I didn't quite get it right. It still comes off OK. All those horns make it sound quite cavernous and the single notes from the trumpets create tension, but there's something about it that is completely lacking. If I ever figure out what it is, I might be able to change it. But the best thing to do at this point is to call it a piece and move on.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: