My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #16

For 1 trumpet and 2 trombones.

The galop really exhausted me, so what I wrote for today's piece is a short something that tries to deal with divergent lines and ends up returning to the classic territory of the fanfare. I hope that description is enough. If anything, this poor tune doesn't stick around long enough to make an impression. That's kind of why I've resolved to try to make these pieces at least two minutes each. While that means a lot more work for me, it also opens up a lot more possibilities that aren't in the set containing fanfares and assorted other typical brass pieces, not that I won't get around to those in good time. Anyhow, as a listener, this will mean that if the tune is good, there will be more of it, and, conversely, if it sucks, there will be of greater suckiness. You have been warned.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: