My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #1

For 4 horns, 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, tuba and timpani.

It’s big, it’s ponderous, it’s short. And its audio is a little wonky. I can’t be too judgmental, because we’re just starting the process. All in all, it’s a good beginning. Please notice that I don’t really know what the hell to do with the horns, but that goes away pretty quickly. Keep in mind that writing about music is probably more difficult than writing the music itself. I can only give general motivations for what made me write anything a certain way. Like everything else in this world, music is more calculated than impulsive. It doesn’t come about “just because;” there’s usually some reasoning behind it. In this blog I try to offer that. If it’s unsatisfactory, I don’t want to hear it. The truth of the matter is that in this great nation of ours, there are fewer professional classical music composers than there are active serial killers. Sure, there are film composers, but most of that music can’t stand on its own. While I would love to be a film compser, all I can offer are these 300 pieces. Thanks for tuning in.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: