My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #7

For 3 trumpets, 3 trombones and tuba.

Escape from the fanfare! Wow, my original plan didn’t last very long. Well, I was intending to write a rhumba sort of fanfare and this is what came out. It’s a sunny little number that combines a little bit of latin approach with a few fanfare trappings. The very grouchy trumpet 3 binds the disparate parts of the piece together. This was a lot more fun to write than, say, #6. Already, it has become apparent that the fanfare-a-day concept has run thin. I just can’t do it for 300 pieces. OK, command decision: I’m going to write whatever the hell I want from now on. This tune is one of my favorites.

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: