My photo
Belltown/Seattle, Washington, United States
I'm a guy who used to write lots and lots of music. My lack of success became a little troubling, so now I write about Belltown and photograph squirrels. You got a problem with that?

One Day Wonder #8

For 2 horns, 2 trumpets, 1 trombone and tuba.

I revisit my old neo-baroque stomping grounds. If you'd like to hear more neo-baroque delectations, be sure to visit Mackris v. O'Reilly. It's the piece that made me embrace poverty, indifference and obscurity in the first place. But we were talking about #8, weren't we? Yes, well, this is a nice little number with ascending harmony. The tuba part is a little unfeasible since it's a lot of steady eighth notes without any opportunity to breathe. But tuba players are crafty; they sneak breaths all the time. God bless tuba players! I used to be one myself. This was back in high school when I had a moustache. The downside to this venture was marching with a sousaphone. Those things are heavy! I guess that's why every other guy in the section was a wrestler. OK, enough about my brief tuba career. More about the piece. I had such a good thing going with my chord progression, I decided not to monkey with it by adding contrasting sections or whatnot. So what you get is the same chord changes repeated 6 times. Gee, I hope that nobody notices that!

Click on the title to listen.

No comments: